Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lace Flowers


This is a collection of lace flowers. The first thread used was an 80 cotton. Flowers to me, are lovely and an inspiration. Some of the thread used was a gold thread for contrast. It reminds me of dew drops.. The first pattern is from a class I took in the 1980's.
The second is a flower I designed, with a lovely butterfly. The pattern for the butterfly is one from Ullrike Voelcker. When I made the butterfly I used several colors of thread to blend into the pattern. The white thread is my favorite to work with and it is a 120/2 Egyptian Cotton.
The third collection of flowers is a lovely collection of flowers and leaves. The whole collection is 5 inches tall and 4 inches wide. Some of the flowers were drawn by Anny Noben-Selegers and I used some of her techniques. Others I used Withof Lace styles to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment